SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loriques

i noticed something strange / any ideas of what it is

loriques
13 years ago

hello, this may be a stupid / or crazy question. but i have never seen this before. yesterday i fed my fish some earth worms. other than that the fish are eating blood worms and koi pellets. last night i went to ck on my fish and i noticed that my best fish had a long grayish/whiteish string like thing hanging from his underside. i thought it might be some sort of worm. my husband said it was pooh. but when i clean the pond i find i lots of little round pellet like stuff that i thought was the pooh. so i'm really confused. does anyone have any idea of what this might have been. i have not seen it today but he is real skiddish and has not stayed still long enough for me to see well at all.

i have been using malafix and pemafix in the pond for a week now. will that take care of worms or parisite type worms that the fish may have gotten. i have a medium pond it is 1,000 gallons. the liner has no rocks on the bottom or sand. but there is alot of slug like stuff in the pond, or maybe it is alge of some sort. it is all over the hoses, plant containers, the pond liner everything. i clean the pump bag and filter every few days. also i use good bacteria with barley straw in it.

i can't think of any more info that you may need. but if you have any questions that will help just let me know. i log on and off several times a day. thank you so much for any help at all. shalom, laura

Comments (5)