SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bearstate

Giberellic Acid to break seed dormancy?

bearstate
16 years ago

No sense me wasting the digging I did to find out where to get Giberellic Acid. This is the stuff that a certain fungi produces and can improve growth and stimulate seed germination.

What I've found is that there seems to be only one commonly available product that is your basic pure GB Acid.

It's called MegaGro and you can get it as a concentrate in 8 oz. bottles for about $13.95 US or diluted in a larger spray bottle for foliage spray application.

I'm also kind of interested in Dr. Hornby's Voodoo Juice, which produces Giberellin from its live microbe content, but at lower levels. The Dr. Hornby stuff is a bit premium priced - be aware. The cheapest qty is 500ml for about $32.95 US. There's a companion product called Piranha that has certain fungi and microrobes that naturally kill molds and other plant pathogens. Cheapest Qty is about $21.95 US for 50g.

Cytokins can also help germination and what seems to be the best source of these is kelp or sea weed. Take a look at Nitrozime if you want to tinker with cytokins. Again, an 8 oz. bottle for about $14.95 US.

I've made up my mind to arm myself with all four of these and see if I can get my more difficult seeds to germ and survive. To date I've invested in a number of seeds that just have not done anything, partially due to excessively high dry temps., but perhaps, due also to just plain stubbornness.

Comments (6)