SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyceskis_gw

Please Help Me to Understand External Filter

alyceskis
16 years ago

Hi, Ponders,

My pond is approx 250 gallons. I have a submersible pump housed within a biosystem I made using batting, etc. It works great but I have to pull the box at least once a week to clean the media. I read about the Laguna external filter but I don't completely understand the true purpose.

If I add an external filter to my present bio system won't I still have to remove the submersible pump to clean on a regular basis? I don't want to spend extra money and still have to constantly pull the pump and clean like I do now. Is the external filter just a subfilter to help keep the water MORE clear? My water is pretty clear using the submersible biosystem. I like the pump in the water for the bubble effect. My pond is small (250 gals) along with limited space. When I've read about installing pump and filter outside of pond, instructions seem way to complicated and expensive to me. Should I invest in the external filter or leave it alone until I get the nerve to install everything outside of the pond?

THANK YOU AND HAPPY END-0F-SEASON PONDING :-( REALLY SAD THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER.

Comment (1)