SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theroselvr

dont sweat the small stuff.. wise words

theroselvr
16 years ago

After Karl's (Rosenut) post about gloves, we emailed a few times setting it up.. I asked if he still had his web site, he said yes. It's been so long since I was there and just finished reading his page about gardening after his stroke. Very enjoyable read, I suggest everyone hop over and check it out. Karl is a true inspiration to someone like myself with a bad back.

I've known Karl for what seems like forever from here.. In his story he mentions how he drove to Philly & New Orleans.. I remember it. Philly was after his stroke if I have my memory right. I couldn't believe he went, but he did. He didn't let what happened interfere with his good time. IIRC it was also the 1st time the garden web best of show was handed out, something Karl fought for (or I think he did) lol

When we saw him in New Orleans he'd made such a great improvement. Karl actually saved my hubby & I down there as my hubby left his travelers checks in the dining area; Karl told them who it belonged to. I'm glad Karl's been able to continue to grow roses after his stroke. Hopefully once his life slows down he'll update his web site with the roses he currently grows as I'd be interested in roses that don't need much care.

There's more about Karl at his main page, click on home at the end of his handicapped gardening page.

Karl, thank you for sharing your knowledge all of these years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Handicapped Gardening

Comments (4)