SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Now I'm not as new a newbie as I used to be.

sherryocala
14 years ago

Did my first pruning today through most of my garden. It couldn't have been a more perfect and relaxing day to do it. Lovely shirt-sleeve temps and a puffy breeze, doves cooing and a pair of birds singing to each other across the neighborhood made it a stressless day. The coolest part of the work is that I know my roses more intimately now. I could have walked past them 10 times a day for eternity and not learned as much about them as I did today by getting my hands on them and my face up close to them. Mrs B R Cant is a new version of herself. Also, no amount of teaching can adequately prepare you for doing, and doing is the best teacher. So I'm confident that those of you who are about to embark on your first pruning of the rose garden will be the better for it and will feel a great sense of accomplishment when your done. Being a very timid one I mostly nibble, but it all worked out well.

Even better than the weather were the fantastic pruners I was using. They're the smallest I've ever used and fit comfortably in my palm all day without constant repositioning or strain. They're very sharp with thin blades and cut 1/2" canes fine. I have arthritis which effects my grip and gripping ability. These pruners were wonderful, and believe it or not, they came from Harbour Freight! I got them on sale for $6.99! Today was the first time I used them, and I love them!!! It was like they were part of my hand which is fairly small.

{{gwi:233253}}

{{gwi:233254}}

Happy pruning!

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: Harbor Freight 7

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus