SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Short climber for swagging in the deep south

sherryocala
16 years ago

Two recent posts piqued my interest. Someone said she was going to swag a climber between posts, and Maurizio was planning a rose walk, alternating tall growers and shorter bushes. It made me wonder if I couldn't do something similar in my new front garden that surrounds the grass circle. I thought it might be a way to squeeze a couple more roses in. On one side I have large teas: Mons Tillier, Marie d'Orleans & Arcadia Louisianna Tea. On the other side are shorter bushes: The Marie's, Hermosas, Purpurea. An obelisk could work too. And maybe just on the short side since I will have more than enough height on the other side. So yes, some small, mannerly climber for an obelisk or post on the short side. And along my sidewalk to the front door I have 4 Grusses. A swag situation would seem appropriate there.

I've heard Jeanne LaJoie is very nice. I just looked through the mini-climbers, and JJ was really the only one I saw that I liked. Don't like orange and I already have 2 Don Juans, so don't need red. Most yellows seem to be susceptible to BS. White or near-white, maybe apricot would be nice. I may be underestimating "short" climbers. I can't do huge and probably not even large. I picture something going up the pole without a lot of width & spilling over the top. If I'm asking for the impossible, just tell me. As always, thanks!

Sherry

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES