SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sentivan

Very tall (7 ft) plant, red stalks, long green leaves. Need ID

sentivan
15 years ago

My husband and I bought 1 blueberry plant at BJ's, back in March. We planted it in a big pot and it didn't do very well. It almost died, but I gave it a lot of water and some plant food and it came back. A bunch of little tiny seedlings came up around the original plant, so I thought that the plant was doing much better. After about a month or so, the plants started getting to big for the pots, so we planted them. They really took off, as you can see. The base of the stalk on some of these plants are wider then my arm. They are huge!!!

I don't think that they are sunflowers. There are no buds or anything. I looked up blueberries all over the internet and obviously, there wasn't anything that looked like these plants.

I am wondering how I am going to get rid of them if they aren't something that should be in my garden. I am wondering if they are just weeds.

Can you tell that I am not really a gardener? I want to get into it really badly, but it is hard to learn about so many types of plants! LOL! Thanks for any help!

Image link:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville