SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phawx_gw

Please tell me I'm not crazy! Seedling help..

phawx
15 years ago

I have a bit of a dilemma, and though I realize I have no choice here but to make myself sound like a complete idiot, I need a basic science lesson :)

I followed the directions on the seed packet of Green Globe Artichoke I bought. Put the seeds in damp potting mix and refrigerated them for a few weeks. When I checked on them a few days ago, 10 days or so into their frigid stay, they had already sprouted. So of course I assumed they were ready to be planted.

Here's where the science lesson comes in. What is growing from the seed appears to me to be a very sturdy little root. And of course I come to that assumption because it seems logical to me that a plant would root itself BEFORE growing a stem. So I planted them last night with the root part down and the seed on top. But I am no science major, I'm an accountant, so could someone out there please put my mind at ease and tell me that I planted those little seedlings properly?

May seem silly, but for some reason I just got to worrying about the poor things late last night. Can't imagine they would do well if I have them planted upside down!

Phawx

Comments (5)