SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grow95

This WORKS for Japanese Beetles

grow95
13 years ago

If you only go organic, you can stop reading here. Otherwise,

get a 2-gallon sprayer and fill to near the 1 or 2 gallon mark, depending on how many roses you have. Then add: reommended amount of Sevin, recommended amount of Hi-Yield 38 and recommended amount of Orthenex Insect and Disease Killer. Screw top back on and tilt sprayer back and forth till all insecticide is mixed in well.

WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. DO YOUR VERY BEST TO SPRAY WHEN IT IS CALM---EITHER EARLY MORNING, OR EARLY EVENING. OTHERWISE, MAKE SURE WIND IS BLOWING FROM BEHIND YOU.

DO NOT NOT NOT SPRAY ON RUGOSA ROSES! IT WILL KILL WHATEVER BRANCHES YOU GET IT ON!

You may well enjoy watching the beetles start to die as soon as the spray hits them. Some will fly off, but rest assured they won't get far.

This mix works on all plants and flowers beetles eat, though there may be some that get hurt by it. I've not tried it on everything! I did use it on my fruit and ornamental trees last season. Worked great on the ornamentals. Not sure about whether the fruit from fruit trees can be eaten with this stuff sprayed on the trees. I hope spraying early will kill beetles, then allow enough time to dissipate, then switch to plain Sevin might work.

Comments (31)