SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bill1897

White Fuzz on Seed Starting Mix

Bill1897
12 years ago

I followed all the rules; I took the dome off when the first started to sprout, I sprinkeled a generous amount of cinnamon over the surface, I kept a fan on near the seed cell trays blowing a few inches above the tops, I only watered from the bottom and I watered very sparingly (twice in over a week is hardly overdoing it), and I even used some actinovate anti-damping off natural culture mix.

Despite all my efforts I have white fuzz developing on most of the cells. It's not right on top where the cinnamon is but if theres a crack in the surface of the soil from the seed sprouting up then you can see it in and around the depth.

I'm upset because I'm automatically assuming this will kill my seedlings, whatever it is. What are some effective natural remidies once this has already shown its ugly face? I was thinking using hydrogen peroxide the next time I water the plants. What's an effective concentration (it's already diluted to 3% in the pharmacy bottles). I hope this doesn't kill my precious seedlings!!!

Comments (12)