SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nkm56

Need to vent!

nkm56
16 years ago

Spent the whole day working on my small waterfall where the stream empties into the pond. Bought a can of expanding foam and thought I had it fixed, but I apparently didn't get it in all the nooks and crannies, because the water has breached the foam on either side of my waterfall rock and is flowing under it instead of over it. Back to the drawing board. My fingers are black from the foam.

And even worse, as my sister and I were driving home from having dinner out, she looks over at the park a half block from my pond and says, "Oh look! A heron!"

Great. Just what I needed to hear. I turned around and went back to see for myself, and sure enough, a great blue heron standing just inside the park boundary, hardly more than a stone's throw from my back yard.

Needless to say, I went home and immediately netted my pond. Until now, I had used two strands of filament line and a scarecrow water sensor, but I haven't lost any fish yet, so I decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

That was probably the scoundrel that knocked over one of my ceramic cats that are sitting at the edge of the pond the other day. I figure it got blasted by the scarecrow and made a hasty exit, knocking over the cat.

Well, now he'll have to get past the scarecrow, the filament line AND the net!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH