SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

I never thought I would hate raccoons..............

koijoyii
14 years ago

my fish didn't meet me this morning to be fed before I left for work. That was odd. When I came home this afternoon I noticed the top pond was trashed. The water lilys are torn up. There are shredded lily pads floating on the surface of the big pond. The rocks surrounding the settlement pond are all over the yard. My statues were trashed too. Guess I was too much in a hurry to notice it this morning.

The worst thing is when I went to feed my fish after work the sun was shining into the pond and I saw a fish which should have been tail up. Except that it's tail is completely gone. The poor fish barely can swim. It is always nose down, tailess up. Of course it's one of my beautiful butterfly koi. One of the biggest. I chased this poor thing around the pond for two hours this evening. For being tailess it sure can swim. I wanted to net it and put it in the 100 gallon stock tank in my basement. I don't think it will make it till tomorrow. I am so mad at myself for worrying about the liner showing. Wish I would have left the pond like it was. Never had a problem till I made shelves.

On the lighter side my settlement pond "popped" overnight. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before:

{{gwi:212297}}

After:

{{gwi:212298}}

{{gwi:212300}}

Jenny

Comments (8)