SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my4cowboys_gw

A Super-Easy Light Set-Up!

my4cowboys
14 years ago

So I posted yesterday about lights and wondered how inexpensively I could get a good set-up. To be honest, when I realized I needed lights, this whole starting from seeds thing suddenly seemed a lot more overwhelming. I'm posting this for other complete beginners to let them know: it's not overwhelming at all, but actually WAY easier than I ever imagined!

My local nursery said their least expensive light system was $70, but after searching the boards, I went to my Home Depot, feeling semi-confident about what I really needed.

It could not have been easier: they had an entire display at the front of the store, complete with chain-hanging shop lights, cord included, and the right kind of bulbs needed for that particular unit. I also purched some screw-type eye hooks, to screw into the underneaths of my laundry room cabinets. I'll just set the flats on the counter below the cabinets and adjust the light as needed with the chains. My total amount: $24.21 including tax.

When I got home, getting everything put together took me all of about 10 minutes. Honestly, the hardest thing about the entire set-up was getting the flourescent lights to fit into the fixture correctly, as I have never dealt with the 4-foot bulbs before.

And believe me, I am NOT a handy or crafty-type of person. My husband is out of town right now and if I can do this, *anyone* can do this!

Comments (29)