SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

A funny thing happened to my billboard campaign

sherryocala
12 years ago

Have you ever been someplace and turned and suddenly seen yourself in a mirror? Your brain gets caught by surprise, and you think, "How'd you get there?" Well, that just happened to me. I was googling for photos of 'Bermuda's Anna Olivier' to see if there were any bush shots. (Mine is suffering so badly from my soil. Today I thought I'll give her away and she'll live in a better place. Then I thought NO! I'll make her well again, but that will be another post!)

To my astonishment I think 90% of the photos in the link below are mine. I guess I've posted just a few here and there over the years. But the funniest was my photo from my "billboard campaign", The unHybrid Tea. Remember? I wanted someone to put up billboards along the highway to publicize Old Garden Roses so more people would grow them. Well, they're on the highway, alright! The Information Highway! How cool is that?!? Isn't life wild? Really, the scope of this is huge and boggles my mind. Maybe more people will be growing them because of my "postcards".

I love the Antique Roses Forum and blogging!! I think it makes the world go round - MY world anyway.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: Googled Bermuda's Anna Olivier

Comments (12)