SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynne22_gw

Alright-- I give up. Opinions on this frog please...

lynne22
14 years ago

I know I have adult Cuban tree frogs, well, at least one adult on my patio. They can get in, as there are a few open places in the screen. I'm not sure if this is a CTF or not, because I have never seen them as babies. If it is the consensus that they are CTF's, then I will have some work to do. I have 2 Green Anoles, male and female, that have been mating since about March, and they have several babies out and about, not to mention that I am VERY attached to all of them. I know CTF's will eat them, so this year I don't want them in the patio.

Please tell me what you think this is;

{{gwi:204274}}

I have searched everywhere, but have not found a cuban tree frog baby. There are about 10 of these on my patio, and they just started coming about 3 weeks ago. There are even more outside the patio.

Here is who I am trying to protect-I call them the Lizzy Family, and they are free to come and go, and they do, but they always 'come home' before dark. Always;

{{gwi:204275}}

They have their own lives, and are amazing to watch. He has been with the same female for as long as I can remember. Where she is, he's there also. They are never more than a few feet away from each other. They are very comfortable with me, as are the babies.

I am very attached to them, and would hate to see the CTF's kill them. This is an 18X40' patio, screened in, so there is a lot of room out there, and the whole thing is completely planted, with a pond. There are a lot of brown anoles, but I kick the big males out of the patio when they fight with the smaller ones, so it's a pretty safe place for them all. Mr. Lizzy does patrol the area, and wards off any trouble makers as well. ;-0)

Comments (9)