SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacian_gw

CA Dreamin, Deck Climber, and Mrs BR Can

stacian
10 years ago

Hi all,

First off, thanks for always being here to listen and answer my numerous questions. I'm trying to figure out how to embed photos so I thought I would start off my a little view of my 'garden' and see how successful that is. Correction: Not at all successful so I will have to embed the pics one by one. Sorry all! I've checked and rechecked my public settings and html codes.

As gardeners, even here in Socal, we're always grumbling about not having the 'right sun'.

I love our front deck that we added but it's also the sunniest part of our small lot - this makes me extremely sad because I can't put any big beautiful roses except in pots. I am thinking of a climbing miniature like Jeanne LaJoie in a giant pot. I have half a mind to rip out those succulents and put in roses but my other half would choke me. What do you think?

We also have a row of privets to give privacy to the house and that also steals all the sunlight! I am thinking of planting some roses behind the privets so we can see them on our side but we won't have to cut down the privets and if the roses for some reason don't work out, I won't be in the doghouse!

I LOVE Mrs. BR Can (I call her that instead of Cant). I would like to know - can I prune her to be very wide and not very deep? She can be as tall as she likes really.

Also, just two pictures I threw in here. One is of a giant obelisk I put in for a Cl Cecile Brunner to the right of our front door. This has made training the climber bearable. For some reason, I never could do the trellis thing. We put in two more obelisks in the back garden.

Red Eden is still blooming here in Dec/Jan. This bud is just opening but when it's fully opened, it's gorgeous and smells great. Not as strong as my Cl Angel Face but it earns it's place because of the cupped blooms and healthy growth.

Hopefully those of you wishing winter were already over find a little cheer in the photos. Thinking of you ;)

x

Stacey

This post was edited by stacian on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 17:29

Comments (6)