SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tibs_gw

This house ain't big enough for the four of us

tibs
17 years ago

Or some such play of words on the famous cowboy movie line. The ds is home for the holidays and a 1922 kitchen-diniing room-living room 1/2 bath on the first floor suddenly just doesn't seem to have enough square feet in it. There are now 2 over 6 foot males with size 12 feet in my kitchen when I am trying to cook. The noise level is up, the house is full of other large males and it is just grand. For 4 weeks.

We have had the butterscotch pie, the roast chicken and mashed potatos, the potato soup, his favorite pizza delivered. Next on his menu is chicken pot pie, apple dumplings, and "some kind of beef" with roasted vegetables. He made me a mean breakfast burrito his 2nd day back. (he hadn't gone to bed yet when I got up). I shall be 10 pounds heavier and exhausted when he leaves.

And he and his sister have to share a car. She wasn't driving when he left. It could get ugly.

He pokes me in the ribs, flips my braid, and tweaks my elbow wrinkles. I just hug and pat him. Ain't it grand? For four weeks and then we will be glad to see him go back to college.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions