SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highjack

Tenor of this Forum

highjack
16 years ago

And I don't mean tenor as opposed to a contralto.

People come here asking for advice and people post there best information as to what is successful for them. I don't think anyone ever posts anything with the intent to deliberately deceive someone or to make them fail. It then becomes the original posters decision to decide what is best for their "growing conditions". Yes, a much used phrase but very appropriate since no two conditions/environments are the same. Most of us are trying to grow plants not suitable for our area and want information that can make this hobby more successful.

For people to insult other people ideas or suggestions when they have been given in good faith is very rude. For someone to say their way is the only way is very misleading. Some have great success growing in s/h, others don't. Some love sphag, some hate it. There are many ways to skin a cat, or grow an orchid. Let's assume the original poster can also determine what might work for them.

If you are tired of answering the same questions over and over, ignore the thread. Don't snap at the person and tell them to look it up in the FAQ or on Baker's. When a new to the forum person recently asked for information but did want anyone to be "condescending", I hoped this person would hang around and discover that most people really do want to share info and to drag a newbie into the addiction we all love.

Brooke

Comments (150)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!