SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flower_fairy09

Orchid problem...please help/Special plant to me

flower_fairy09
14 years ago

Okay...am not sure where to start,but will try to give all info I can.First let me say that this Orchid is very special to me so I want to do everything I can to care for it.The plant will be 4 years old in feb. & about 2 months ago I repotted it to a size bigger pot(not knowing how)because the roots where growing over the sides of the pot.Summer months I keep it out side & it always puts out new leafs as it has this year.When I repotted it, I cut the dead roots with steril cutters & used Orchid bark. I couldn't get all the roots in the pot so i did the best I could & hoped for the best.The problem that concerns me is some leafs have yellowed and I have removed one but thought I'd better post a pic so I can get some advise about these other 2 that need removed.Notice in one pic the bloom stem emerging.Any advise on why the leafs are doing this?Should I repot & somehow put all the roots in the Orchid mix?Could it be too little water or too much? I do use orchid fertilizer about one time a month.Help me please and thanks so mu{{gwi:200779}}ch in advance. {{gwi:200781}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath