SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

Have you had RRD in your garden? (cross-posted)

hartwood
13 years ago

(cross posting this from the Antiques Forum, to reach a wider group of folks. Please forgive the duplication.)

I am working on a program about Rose Rosette Disease to be delivered to rose societies and garden clubs beginning this fall. My programs are always centered on photos, lots of photos, and I have quite a few RRD photos in my collection. I always have my camera with me, so I can photograph RRD whenever I see it ... whether it's on my rose (only 3 so far, thank Heaven), a fellow gardener's rose (so sad), or a stand of feral roses. Last fall, I took a really nice photo of RRD on a multiflora rose on the side of Rt. 66 in northern Virginia, during rush hour from my car window while traffic was snarled and crawling one afternoon. I'm THAT determined.

Here's my request: If you have had RRD in your garden, and you would like to share photos and a story that I can include in my program, please contact me ... or tell your story here for everyone to learn from. I see so many RRD false alarms, from folks hyper-inspecting their roses, counting thorns and such. I also see RRD in gardens, growing happily undetected by a gardener who is unfamiliar with it. My goal is to educate the rose-growing public and reduce the fear ... one rose society or garden club at a time.

Thanks,

Connie

connie (at) hartwoodroses (dot) com

Comments (8)