SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knightofroses

The Beautiful Tea Roses. Let's Support Growing Them.

knightofroses
15 years ago

I have been running across several threads on this site about Old Garden Roses becoming harder to find for some people. In these times of economic chaos, so many companies are having trouble staying in business, as we all know. I'm going to do what I can to order from sources for old-garden roses and I know many of you are with me on this.

I have become so fascinated with the teas especially. They are so delicate, yet tough and beautiful. There is an elusive quality to them that is unforgettable.

I am still a semi-novice in the world of roses, but I was always more into the old-fashioned ones. Sometimes I have a little guilt, because I keep ordering those DA roses and I only have so much garden room and I think that maybe I should limit those and focus more on the rarer roses, but such is life and I am easily seduced by something gorgeous that only looks antique and old-garden. Still I am trying to do my part to order roses that would make Empress Josephine proud.

I am asking for help finding more tea sources. I know of Antique Rose Emporium and Vintage. Can you recommend other sources for tea roses that need our support? I also would like to ask for tea recommendations that are hardy up to zone 7 or 8. I am lucky to have micro-climate areas of the garden. Would also like to have suggestions for teas that are somewhat mildew resistant. Can you also tell me of a good comprehensive book on teas and antiques?

Thanks Much,

Chance

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio