SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knightofroses

Does Someone Know A Doctor Who Can Cure Rose Madness?

knightofroses
15 years ago

I'm having fantasies about Caroline, Yolanda, Jessica and now Adam and William! No, I'm not a libertine. I'm referring to Caroline Testud, Yolanda d'Aragon, Pretty Jessica, Adam, a tea rose that is winter hardy and of course, William Shakespeare 2000.

Can I help it if I'm a fool for cupped, old-fashioned roses and a good fragrance? Oh, to have roses with a sense of history in the garden, although I also have a weakness for those modern "English Roses" that look like antique roses, even though some of the names they have are questionable.

I guess I need a doctor for this rose madness, or spring fever, or maybe it's insanity. I have explored The Antique Rose Emporium website over and over. Pondering how this rose or that rose would look in my garden. I have looked over the DA catalog fifteen times, as if I have missed something. I get a kick out of reading the descriptions and seeing the high quality rose photography. Heck, I'm even drawing diagrams of where I want to place everything this spring. At the bookstore, I'm scouring all the new issues of gardening magazines and buying any that feature roses. I also check the P. Allan Smith show on the week-ends to see if roses are featured.

Am I the only one to have it this bad? Please recommend a doctor that can cure rose madness.

Chance

Comments (29)