SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob8_gw

Greenhouse growers I need your help

bob8_gw
15 years ago

Here is the problem. I have a attached 17 by 25 greenhouse. We have an oil fired furnace from the house that heats the greenhouse. In other words it is just a second zone from my furnace. The heat is controled with a programable thermostat. I don't need anything fancy I just want it to adjust between the day and night temp. The problem is that there is just a normal programable thermostat in there that keeps getting ruined I assume due to the high humidity. I put new batteries in it and it works for a few days then it starts flashing low batteries and stops working. Naturally, I've tried new batteries. I also changed the whole thing out. Problem is they don't last long at all. The last one only lasted 6 months. That is just crazy. I just went on a two week vacation. Before leaving I changed the batteries. While I was away the alarm company called and said the greenhouse was registering too cold. I got my neighbor to go over and put new batteries in it. When I got home a week later is was already flashing low batteries. Donna changed out the thermostat and now all is working well.

So, what brand and model of a thermostate are you guys using in your greenhouses?

I tried looking on the internet but must not be using the correct search words. Now mind you I'm not looking for one of those inaccurate thermosate that have a large coil. Nor am I looking for one that you have to plug a electric heater in. Just a regular old programable thermostat that in rated for the humidity of the greenhouse. If you could direct me to a site that carries the product it would be even better. I'm just getting frustrated.

Thanks for any and all help

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor