SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friendssjrosegarden

Hexacopter Crash in "America's Best Rose Garden"?

Footage from the Hexacopter at the recent San Jose Municipal Rose Garden Volunteer event:

http://youtu.be/Fv4M6nA4SPE

Comments?

Thankfully, it did not crash into the 375 volunteers who pruned ~4,000 in about 2 hours. Pruning ain't "Rocket Science".

Come visit us. See the test beds of Weeks, Star, ARGS and AARS.

Best Regards,

Terry Reilly
Friends of the San Jose Rose Garden
www.FriendsSJRoseGarden.org

Comments (11)

• lucillle
    11 years ago

I could not open the video. I am hoping the pilot is OK, crashes can be tragic events. The volunteers you said were not hurt, and plants can always be replaced.

This post was edited by lucille on Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 3:32

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

The vid won't open for me either. It must have been scary though!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

try this link

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube video of above

• AquaEyes 7a NJ
    11 years ago

Hexacopters are not piloted helicopters but rather small radio-controlled aircrafts made for aerial photography/videography.

:-)

~Christopher

Here is a link that might be useful: Hexacopter

This post was edited by AquaEyes on Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 16:03

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

DIY drones, so to speak.

The drone shots were nice but after a while I was ready for something else. I mean if the subject of the movie was shots from drones, fine. But the ostensible subject was rose pruning, right? I would have shown several on the ground "before" and "after" shots of different types of roses, to show the work being done, brief interviews with fun people about pruning--why they were there, etc, perhaps interspersed shots of a growing, increasingly gigantic pile of clippings to show the passage of time, shots of pruning bouquets, maybe--were there pruning bouquets? Perhaps a chorus of "ow!" "eeeiih!" and "%$&$#^", which is the sound of getting scratched and poked by prickles--the normal soundtrack of pruning time, people comparing their scratches and stabs and cuts, Someone handing out band-aids, someone sharpening pruners, etc, etc. Just more variety.

Cool though, nice and clear.

• friendssjrosegarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hoovb - You asked for it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhDiM4xBChI

What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pruning 2011

• User
    11 years ago

Rose gardens.....whatever - but we are eaten up with envy and desire for those little tipping pick-up golfcart thingies!!!

• friendssjrosegarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just finished planting the test rose beds in the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden. You can see pics of the previous varieties on our website: www.FriendsSJRoseGarden.org.

50+ new varieties being grown for two year to see how they do in the wonderful San Jose climate. You can see the empty beds in the video on the right of the garden.

• saldut
    11 years ago

That pruning video is fantastic and a great bunch of folks all having a good time....I have a ?? tho, do they not have virus problems there? I don't see anyone dipping their pruners in disinfectant (I use alcohol in a can)...between each cut, and worry abt. any virus or whatever spreading.... tell me it ain't so....sally

• friendssjrosegarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Sally,

No problem with virus. Would never consider burdening the 375 volunteers to disinfect after each cut or even disinfect their pruners prior to starting. We don't worry about anything spreading at all from pruners.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    11 years ago

thanks Sally, I was wondering about the same thing re: dripping their shears in disinfectant. Beautiful film. It has beautiful music. How wonderful to see various people, all different ages, ethnicities, etc., come together for a common cause to create beauty for the community to enjoy. Great lesson here for the world.