SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcjcjcx

OMG... how do I stop this from happening again!

jcjcjcx
15 years ago

I've been working on building my waterfall all weekend. At least twice I turned on the waterfall to check the flow. Nothing has been foamed in yet. Then at one point I saw something that looked like plastic hanging behind one of the rocks just below the lip of the waterfall box. Yuckkkk... after removing it and examining it for a minute, I realized I was holding the a strip of frog skin containg its bottom lip, eyeball and front arm.

Ughh it was so gross out. Then as I looked through out the waterfall, I found many parts of the frog. Must have found at least 1/2 of the frog so far. This was so disgusting..just before dinner, I could hardly eat.

I feel so bad for the frog. I have a total of 5 (that I brought to pond from my mom's cottage up north). This was one of the females. The frogs keep hopping into the skimmer. I try to get them out but they ended up going back in. The males seem to like sit on top of the brushes and bar. I've noticed that whenever the females get scared and hide from us, they swim to the bottom. Well this poor female must have been hiding at the bottom of the skimmer for whatever reason.

How can I keep the frogs out of the skimmer without affecting the performance of the skimmer? This is the first time I've bought a skimmer. The pump is the cannister type that sits in the skimmer (EasyProTH150 - 2900GPH).

When I started up the waterfall I can't really see if there any frogs at the bottom (only those sitting around the inside ledges or brushes). Even with a flashlight you can't see down during the day. So I can't check and be sure that there are no frogs when I start the waterfall.

I was so disgusted and traumatized yesterday... I don't want this to happen again!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting