SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladymoon_oh

Water Loss

ladymoon_oh
16 years ago

I am beyond baffled on this one. I moved this spring and have put in a new pond its 12 x 7 and 3 deep. I am losing a large amount of water at night only.I checked the water level last night right before 9 and at 6 this morning it was down about 8-9 inches. This was the biggest loss so far.

I topped it off and so far it has not lost anything, I did the same thing yesterday, it lost nothing ALL DAY! I would expect to see something if I lost 8-9 inches in 9 hours.

We found a snapping turtle in the storm drain put him in a box to go to the river after dinner the other day, but he made the big escape. And is somewhere in the area of the garage and pond. DH thought maybe he was digging at the bottom of the liner. But I hear of lots of people with turtles and no liner troubles. And again no loss during the day. I am just ?????...

There is a large deer population and I see 5 run together often in the evening, but I think I would have to be watering every deer in the county for that kind of water drop!

Sorry for the long post and I welcome any opinions. I don't know if anyone has any ideas, but I know ponders love a good mystery. I'm going back out to check the level again.

Comments (11)