SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
destany_gw

Well... pond still dirty and my fish might have dissappeared...

destany
16 years ago

Lemme tell you, I've been having the worst luck this season with water clarity! At least the tree above my pond is leafed out, so I won't have to worry too much about algea blooms once I do manage to get the water cleared up! (It's filthy, suspended clay silt - not algea).

I tried turning off the pumps for a week, but then noticed my new goldfishes (about 3 dozen small commets) staying at the surface like they needed air. Turning off the pumps did not make one bit of difference in clarity. It still looks like Yoohoo. So I turned the pumps back on and I've not seen a single fish in over a week. Not since I turned the pumps back on. Sure, they could be in hiding, but with that many little fishes I'd surely have glimped just one of them by now!

My local Walmart carries Pond Clear (flocculant), but when I finally broke down and went to go buy it (I hate the idea of adding chemicals), they were sold out. So I went to the hardware store - also sold out. I went to the nursery down the street and they don't even carry it. Tried another hardware store - sold out AGAIN! Went to Sears - they've discontinued all their ponding products.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you! LOL! I'm starting to get very impatient.

I'll check the pet store today, I have to go buy some crickets today anyway. If they don't have it, I'll have to look online.

I guess I just felt like rambling lol.

Comments (8)