SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathwhit_gw

My DH also gone....

kathwhit
14 years ago

He died on June 21--Father's Day. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Mother's day. Only 6 weeks between diagnosis and death. I haven't been on the forum all summer because of my grief and having to handle finances and memorial and all the rest.

My husband, Chuck was only 51 years old. We met after the death of my first husband from a heart attack. So yes, this is my second time to be widowed. Chuck rescued me and my two daughters and we had a son who is now 20. Our whole family is devastated. Chuck worked as a maintenance engineer in large buildings, but never liked it. He finally went back to college and emerged 7 years later with a Master's degree in Education. He got a job as a middle school math teacher and his last five years were his happiest because he loved his job so much, and they loved him. You wouldn't believe the outpouring of affection from his school community....students, parents and staff.

I am back at work as a school counselor and trying to take each day as it comes. I miss him so much, I can't hardly go up to our bedroom without crying. Our son, who went to school in New Orleans last year, is living with me and planning to go to the University of Oregon just down the road. So that is a comfort to have him here. And my daughters also live close by. But getting used to a life without Chuck is so difficult.

I'm sorry I didn't let you all know this sooner. You have all been such good friends and support through the years. But I didn't trust myself to write about it, or get condolences, without breaking up. Thank you for letting me have a place to talk about it.

Annececelia, please email me if you want to talk privately. Unfortunately, we have had to go through the same thing this summer. And I am so sorry for your loss.

Kathy

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting