SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Semi-annual exercise in insanity

gandle
12 years ago

Most call it daylight savings time, it isn't. Actually it is daylight saving time. Originally it was meant to save energy but I truly believe that is a bunch of baloney and, we are NOT saving time by switching our clocks around, just moving daylight from evening to morning.

Probably not spelling the following correctly but wish we could set our time on circadian rythym where our bodies react to sunlight but know that is impossible.

The there is the biological clocks which seem to be different for just about everyone. Leone like to stay up late, watch TV or read and get up late. I prefer to go to bed early and get up early.

Now, if we could just figure out how to set all the rythyms and inner clocks with the times the wise men in government have ordained we would all be happy. Or maybe we could just do something simple like leaving the clocks set at one time or the other and go on doing what we do.

I know the arguement is an old one but twice a year I get upset changing all the clocks for some purpose I don't think anyone understands.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions