SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erasmus_gw

Bad scenario on my windowsill

erasmus_gw
15 years ago

My daughter discovered a little squirrel on our windowsill upstairs being attacked by another squirrel who seemed to be trying to scratch it to death. Our dogs were frantically barking at the mean squirrel, which my daughter scared away. Once the mean squirrel was gone, the dogs quit barking, so I think they actually were upset with the attack. The little squirrel doesn't seem badly hurt but is too scared to move. The mean squirrel keeps coming back to get it and my daughter scares it off or throws walnuts at it.

We don't know any way to rescue the little squirrel on the window ledge without maybe getting bit. Googling aggressive squirrels, I've come up with pages and pages on it, with some tales of squirrels attacking people! I thought maybe this aggressive squirrel could have rabies, but apparently they rarely get rabies.

Maybe the victim squirrel has some genetic weakness that the other squirrel senses. Maybe it's Darwinism...weeding out the unfit. It is not pretty. I guess thinking of wild animals as cute or beautiful is only part of the picture.

Linda

Comments (7)