SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammy_owens9081478

Feeling helpless

16 years ago

On June 1st of this year I was as tickled as could be...I had a daughter Robyn that was pregnant with her third child (a girl) and was due on father's day. I also was informed by my other daughter(Angel) that she too was pregnant(her first) and was due in Dec. My two daughters were close as two sisters could be...you'd think they were twins by how connected they are. Three days before her actual due date my daughter Robyn's baby was stillborn.We were all in shock....the baby was fine and moving just two days before. No known reason....no medical reasons, the doctors are stumped and are claiming prebirth SIDS. Needless to say as the mother of a daughter who has lost a child I feel helpless to help her. She has good days and really bad days...she is going through stages I can't even imagine.

Her sister Angel just found out she is having a girl. Angel says she can't feel happy about her pregnancy because she knows how much it hurts her sister to see other pregnant women and babies. And although Robyn says she is happy for her sister...I can see the hurt on her face as she tries to pretend it's ok. Their little girls would have been 6 months apart...when they found out they were both pregnant they started making plans on how close the cousins would be and how they would play and grow up together.

My two giirls are hurting in very different ways and as their mother I don't know how to help them. I know it will take time, but that feel like a life time away right now.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent.

Tammy

Comments (10)