SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

I'm having another of those weird days.

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

You know like IÂve written about twice in the past two months? This morning was weird anyhow with surreal phone calls coming in about divorce stuff while I was getting ready. Weird enough. But after I got to work, I got an email that said "I have your bankcard if you want to come get it". What? IÂve lost something? Me? Not like me. IÂd dropped in front of the VA and my good samaritan emailed me. When I was going to get it from her, I was walking across VanderbiltÂs hospital lobby when I hear, "Judy Killjoy (not her real name). The family of Judy Killjoy, you have a phone call. The family of Judy KilljoyÂs has an outside call. Judy Killjoy." Normally, they call the patientÂs name. I stopped in my tracks. Judy Killjoy is LFÂs teacher. I called the school, but they hadnÂt heard anything. IÂm still waiting on that one since school is only just now starting. I HOPE I donÂt get a call from the school trying to track down where I was when I called them. That early (7:15ish) in the morning equates to an accident/surgery last night. Another of those trying to get on with my day things I get over to the good samaritanÂs office and canÂt get in. I walk around and round, call her office, no answer. I ask one of my clinic staff to direct me, and in the midst of telling me how to get there, the electricity goes off. Once it goes on, I make it over to GS, get my card and get back to my office. The electricity had been off here too. The whole hospital didnÂt have electricity ?! Now thatÂs unheard of!

IÂve been at the junction of weird and strange already, twice in two months, and I remember thinking at the end of the day, why didnÂt I stay in bed?! So I am probably leaving work shortly. IÂve learned my lesson.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions