SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azponder

Daisy Chaining Pond Lights Underwater?

azponder
16 years ago

Can I add another light in a chain from an existing pond light's wire and do it underwater?

My contractor put in 2 underwater low voltage pond lights in my pond. Each light has wire running through the concrete pond wall and to a terminal on the timer. I asked them to leave two more connections underwater so I could add lights in the future...which they did not.

What I have are two lights connected with waterproof wire caps to the wires running to the timer. My question is, can I unscrew those wire caps and add another light on to those lines safely? I do not want to drain the entire pond to add these 2 lights if at all possible.

The timer has a 180w max and each light is 20w. So there would be 80w total, and 40w on each terminal on the timer. My plan is to connect them underwater (with the power cut of course) with the underwater wire caps and then some marine epoxy that sets underwater to be safe.

My worry though is that there will likely always be a little water caught inside the wire cap. Though once the epoxy sets it will be separated from the pond water.

Comments (6)