SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huttnem

For those of you who use Flickr, a warning

huttnem
15 years ago

In a recent post Gean pointed to me that if you click on a (flickr) photo posted in the forum, it brings you to the entire photosteam of the poster. If you wanted to keep the stream private, it isn't unless you change permissions. I actually don't mind that my photos can be accessed this way but out of curiosity, I started playing with private and public options and levels of access.

I switched from public to private then back again. If you set formerly public pictures to private they cannot be retrieved/viewed again on the forum. This is because a new url is assigned to each pic and it must be substituted for the old ones in your original post. But you no longer have access to the original post into which you pasted the urls on the forum so you can't paste the new ones. You have to make a new post from scratch.

I wish that Flickr would have a different method that would allow for non-destructive switching between public and private modes. At the least they could issue a warning before you make a switch.

Comment