SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

About to Spring for a New Car......input appreciated

calliope
14 years ago

After fifteen years of faithful service, it's about time to retire Nellie, my little green Jeep Cherokee. Her engine's still cranking and is just a little shy of 100K, and her body's still in good shape, but it's getting to be nickle/dime time and I have to make a decision before winter really sets in what I'm going to do about dependable transportation.

I want high mileage (something Jeeps aren't famous for), would still like to have a 4WD because there are places and times I simply need one and after having one don't want to do without it.

I'm thinking I can go the expense of fixing Nellie up and running her for another 100K or behind door number two, springing for one of those super high mileage vehicles and keeping Nellie for winter backup or farm use, or compromising and getting as good a mileage as I can find on a 4W or all wheel drive car.

I do not want/need bells and whistles. Can drive a stick shift, hate air conditioning, am fine with crank up windows. So, I am all over the board now looking at vehicles. Even considering a hybrid, and don't care if the car/van/truck looks nerdy.

I can buy a more expensive car, but unless it's something gonna pay me back in the long run don't see any reason to. Does anyone own a hybrid? Are they really dependable? Are there battery issues? Heck even a mini cooper gets comparable mileage to some and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

Help.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company
More Discussions