SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwowk

Sharry Baby is this normal or am I doing something wrong???

lwowk
16 years ago

I have a Sharry Baby "Red Fantasy" that I bought in spike back in early July. It came with two spikes and sent up a third while with me. Just this past week or so one of the older spikes finally popped out some buds (three) but the rest of the spike and the other two have none in sight. As of this morning I have one little flower open. Is it normal for SB to start blooming like this? My original impression was that many more buds and flowers would be seen at once. I am just trying to get a sense of whether there is something I have been doing wrong culture wise or if this is normal.

I have this SB in a south window where it gets several hours of sunlight in the morning and about an hour in the evening there is a tall maple that blocks light the rest of the time so I also have supplemental lights going for 14 hours a day. This plant has about 13 PBs and is extremely root bound - so much so that I can not tell what it is potted in. (I plan to re pot after blooming is done) I did not put this one outside at all this summer because I was worried that I would blast any buds when it was brought back in was I wrong about this? Should I put her outside for a few weeks? Thanks all!

Larissa

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County