SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

Swollen Hand

Molineux
17 years ago

My left hand is swollen. Started on Sunday night. I spent Sunday morning finishing up one the flower beds in my mother's Tidewater VA rose garden before driving back to Maryland. Sunday night I noticed that there was this spot on the palm of my left hand close to the index finger that was itching something fierce, yet I couldn't see a mark or thorn. On Monday it started to swell. By Monday night the whole hand had puffed up. Rob practically freeked out when he saw it and wanted to take me to the hospital but I said no (I hate-Hate-HATE doctors). It was a little better on Tuesday; only half of the hand still swollen and no swelling on the fingers. Today it is about the same but there is knot between the thumb and index finger. The veins are all enlarged and purple. No redness though. It also didnÂt start to hurt until today. The pain is really mild  kind of like a dull ache.

So this morning I called my doctor and made an appointment for 4:30 this afternoon.

Has anybody ever had something like this?

I confess I'm a little scared since I'm well past due for my Tetanus booster. I know, shoulda-coulda-woulda. What can I say? I hate shots as much as doctors.

BTW, when I see her I will ask for the dang shot.

Patrick

Comments (78)