SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadowgarden

About shrews

shadowgarden
17 years ago

One of my recent projects has been reading Shakespeare. I decided it might be a good thing to read all of Shakespeare so I gor a Complete Works and have been plowing my way through. I must say Shakespeare is not as good as I thought, His early comdedies are incredibly silly. Be that as it may I got to one of my favoriites, "The taming of the Shrew." I was thinking of that wonderful movie version with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. I asked my husband who is an enthusiastic, if somewhat eclectic, collector of DVD's if he happened to have a copy. Yes, he was sure that he did.

"But I don't think you want to see that, it is not very cheerful," he stated. (I have beeen severely depressed and am very suggestible)

"What do you mean, they get married at the end and live grumpily ever after?" I responded.

"No, they are already married," he insisted.

Light dawned.

"Do you mean who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe?" I asked.

"Well, it's the same thing," insisted my husband, who absolutely detests being mistaken about anything.

"No. Not quite."

"Well, I probably have that one too."

However an intensive search turned out that he did not. I was offered "The Attack of the Killer Shrews" as a substitute but I declined. Did I mention that my husband frequents the 99 cents tubs at Best Buy? Sigh!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions