SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reyc_gw

Plant growth stunted for weeks, not dwindling ...

ReyC
10 years ago

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post to the forums! I hope that I can learn and grow with all of you and spread the interest of organic gardening.

My first question: As the topic states, I have had some problems. I thought I was doing everything right. I built a raised bed. Filled it with Mushroom Compost, added some Azomite, let the soil sit for a while and started planting my fall crops (early September). Sprouting happened super fast, everything was sprouted in days and the baby leaves were soon to follow. Some growth followed for a weeks or two, but October was a stand still.

I went to my local organic gardening center and learned that I forgot to add fertilizer. How dumb of me, right? They gave me some options for a top dressing. I chose a 1LB bag of "Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano" (10-1-1), brought it home and applied the whole bag to my 4'x4' raised bed and a couple of pots.

Now being a week after that, most of my plants are getting light green and skinny. I have a couple of theories. 1) Too much fertilizer, too fast, 2) too late in the season and the died of old age, or 3) Someone poured gasoline on my garden bed. :)

What do you think? Join the conversation! I reply fast to feel free to ask questions and talk.

Thanks a lot!
Rey

Comments (2)