SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

My daughter has decided I can grow orchids!

nancyjane_gardener
10 years ago

She was very impressed that I got the orchid the Drs gave her as a gift last xmas to bloom again, and have kept mine going for awhile (just got it last may or so, so no big deal!LOL) Those 2 still have flowers and healthy green leaves, and I'm feeding them MG orchid food about 1x per month. I soak with a very weak solution, then drain them as much as I can. The larger is in a glass container with no drainage, so I'm kinda worried about that, but so far so good. I let it soak, then lie it on it's side til it is really drained.
Anyway, she brought home one that had been left in a window and ignored for probably months! For me to "fix". There were several yellowing leaves that fell off as I walked it to the sink to be watered! There was still some green left in the leaves before they fell off, so is there any hope what so ever?
I soaked it with some of the MG solution for a couple of hours, then drained it
When , if ever might I expect some growth off of this misfit? It's kinda like she brought a lil puppy home! Problem is, I'm not very wise about orchid growing!
With all of these questions, you might figure I could be a "novice" grower soon! I just retired, and am interested in going through the MG program, but I really think I need to know more about everything before I get there! IDK! Nancy

Comments (7)