SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Is it Fall, yet? Autumnal musin's

endorphinjunkie
13 years ago

We've finally had a few hints that Fall might be sneeking in. We no longer have highs of 100F. Morning lows are now in the 60's and one or two mornings have flirted with the 50's. It makes running much less arduous; it makes it almost downright enjoyable. It wont' be long before I have to move my swimming indoors. Will miss swimming in the river.

Last year I spent a fall in Mobile, and Mobile really doesn't have a fall. I did not realize how accustomed to experiencing a four season year I had become, even if the seasons in North Alabama are skewed towards summer. The only thing in my gardens that survived my absence was one clump of elephant ears and the scuppernongs. They did not set fruit this year. Bummer. To cheer myself up I have ordered a significant number and variety of banana plants. They will grow and be nurtured in the sun room this winter.

Can't wait for the pumpkins, mums, and goof looking squash start showing up at the farmers market.

Just a couple of songs that remind me of fall, and wishing it would get here post haste.

Moon Dance

Harvest Moon

I am writing again; my muse may stay at home awhile, this time.

The days are noticeably shorter and the equinox is just around the corner.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions