SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

Your Autumn/Fall orders please....?

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I expect you're all out of room but you know you can always squeeze a few more in... just chuck something else out...

If you've got RRD - I'm so sorry, that's a killer... but if it's climate issues, I hope there's a way around it for you....

...if it's financial... well we're a long time dead..

These are mine, mostly Austin's so far...

3 x Charles Rennie Mackintosh

3 x Anne Boelyn

1 x Lady Salisbury

1 x Gentle Hermione

1 x Blythe Spirit

..these below are new and already in the ground..

1 x Graham Thomas, 1 x Hyde Hall [a fabulous looking rose], 1 x Clarence House [Beales]

3 x Boscobel

1 x Thomas a Becket

how about you please? if you're south of the Equator I'd love to know what you've planted this winter..

Comments (43)

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

...thanks Romogen, this news about CRM means I can't wait...

...looks like my Boscobel in your other photos, not totally, but pretty much...

• Related Discussions

Share your fall and spring fruit tree orders

Q

Comments (38)
    I went a tad overboard myself this year. I only intended to replace two plums which had left holes in my 10 tree orchard lineup. But we got irrigation water awarded to us last year, and on the assumption that we'd get it again this year, I folded and decided to put in the second line of trees. Plus it'd be nice to get some highway noise reduction started, so I.. well... I went a little bit crazy and... 1 each: Emerald Beauty Plum Bavay's Green Gage Plum Blake's Pride Pear Bosc Pear Comice Pear Ashmead Kernal Apple Anna Apple Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Sunburst Cherry Montmorency Cherry 1) Western Schley Pecan 50)Pecan: Carya-illinoinensis 50)Redbud: Cercis-Canadensis 50)Tulip Tree: Liriodendron tulipifera So far, I have 24 or so in the ground, 63 potted up, and I'm flogging off the balance to any of my clients who also like to garden. Next year, Tupelos and olives!
    ...See More

your opinion please on Autumn Gold

Q

Comments (3)
    I'm so sorry bboy, but is it like wide at the bottom and thin at the top? or wide on top and thinner at the bottom?
    ...See More

Planted my Sweet Autumn Clematis last fall

Q

Comments (25)
    I'm in Saint Clair Shores. (further east than your daughter by about 30 or so minutes) From Farmington Hills your daughter would go 696 East the Gratiot exit. From the exit, turn right and drive approx 1 1/2 miles. The nursery is on the right-hand side just south of 10 mile road. They are open daily except for Sundays. The is another great nursery more out your way, well at least not in this direction. They do stock species clematis, but not cultivars like we normally discuss in this forum. I will include the link to their website at the bottom of this page. If the link does not work, the place is called Arrowhead Alpines and it is located in Fowlerville. For me the drive is worth it as they stock more unusual plants than almost anywhere else in the Midwest, heck they probably have one of the largest stock of plants in the country. ~Chills Here is a link that might be useful: Arrowhead Alpines
    ...See More

Autumn vs fall

Q

Comments (6)
    I used both autumn and fall in the title of a book; to wit, "Autumn Leaves: A Guide to the Fall colors of the Northwoods". If the order was reversed in that title, the title would have been pretty barbaric as it left the lips. It just wouldn't sound right. So autumn has it all over fall on esthetic grounds. As for ambiguity, autumn has one meaning so cannot be confused; fall has multiple meanings so there is always the possibility of misconstruction. Any American who is not fully conversant with autumn needs a brain transplant. Our form of English in no way makes autumn a marginal word.
    ...See More
  • User
    7 years ago

So far, I have one DA Rose, and after more than a year it still hasn't bloomed. Ever. I'm a patient soul, so I'll probably repot it once the weather cools off; maybe it's waiting for cooler temps? I know I am.

I just ordered 4 sale roses from A Reverence for Roses...Souv. du President Lincoln, Cato's Cluster, Emmie Gray & Verdun. I also added a list of alternates in case the above-listed aren't all available, so I'll be interested to see which roses I get.

Marlorena, your list sounds lovely; I hope we'll soon see some new garden pix once your weather is more conducive to your getting out and about with your camera.

Virginia

PS romogen, is it possible that your mystery Austin might not be an Austin? To me it resembles 'Chippendale' AKA 'Music Hall' AKA a dozen other names...

• titian1 10b Sydney
    7 years ago

Marlorena, what a list! I'm amazed you've got any room left, your garden looks so packed in photos - not an inch of earth to be seen.

In the southern hemisphere, I have just planted

Triomphe de Luxembourg, which I just read on HMF is probably Rhodologue Jules Gravereaux.

Dr Grill, also probably actually not Dr Grill!

Rosette Delizy, second try of this one and in a less sunny spot, as I rarely saw an unburnt or unballed bloom on the last one, though it became a huge healthy bush in no time flat.

General Shablikine, to go between Mrs Dudley Cross and Marie van Houtte, and break up all that pale pinky yellow.

Easy Does It, has put out a couple of green shoots after the dogs opened it's box and found a stick, but these have died, so it may not make it.

I look forward to lots of photos from you next Spring.

Trish

• nikthegreek
    7 years ago

Marlorena,

You seem to love Austin roses a lot and I understand they too love your garden!

My orders for this year are only a fraction of previous years mainly due to my shrinking bank account, although the pound to euro exchange rate helped somewhat..

Only 6 bareroots on order from Beales'

Nevada, Anna Olivier, Tipsy Imperial Concubine, Kronprinzessin Viktoria, Archduke Charles, Bon Silene

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nik...I hope that's the real 'Anna Olivier' that we see in Jackie's garden which always looks spectacular. I never know with Beales quite what they're selling at times..

..otherwise an interesting list of roses as usual from you...

Virginia,

I hope you are pleased with your roses from that supplier, they seem to be developing a good reputation. I've seen photos of 'Verdun' and it took my eye, so wish you well with that and the others on your list... my crystal ball sees 'Hugo Roller' on your horizon...

...that link to 'Chippendale' does make it look convincing. I wonder if Romogen agrees with that..? a good call I think...

Tricia,

...thanks for your list and comments about my garden... Rozette Delizy always looks so glamorous in gardens of tea roses. I hope it does better for you this time... if your dogs allow it, like mine, I sometimes have to ask permission to plant..

I'm trying for a more co-ordinated look here instead of such a mish mash, so redoing some parts, but I do hope we get to see some of your upcoming Spring collection... I've only seem glimpses of your garden so far, and feel there is a lot more I'd like to see if you have the time..

• erasmus_gw
    7 years ago

From Palatine I ordered:

Soeur Emmanuelle

Tour de Malakof

Red Intuition

Rose des Peintres

Belle Sans Flatterie

Ascot have a cutting of one but it's still small

Cl. SDLM

Le Petite Prince

And from Burlington,some minis, can't remember them all

Sweet Arlene

X -Rated

Julie Link

Little Darling

Winsome

We are in a drought and my garden is really suffering. I don't know how I can think about adding to my garden but somehow I manage to think it. Will have to do some sp'ing.

Oh , and Bordure Nacree from Angel Gardens. I saw a plant of that at Paul Zimmerman's house a few years ago and it was a perfect pincushion of a low growing plant covered in healthy leaves and very peach little blooms.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    7 years ago

Is Chippendale available in the US? Perhaps under another name? That is one gorgeous rose!!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    7 years ago

I've ordered Plum Perfect and am considering Spice, Lavender Mist, Souvenir de Francois Gaulain, Eugene de Beauharnais, Blue for You, Lavender Lace, Ripples, Shocking Blue, Levesen-Gower, Mme. Franziska Kruger, Lavender Friendship and Yves Piaget. I'm in need of some darker, more vibrant colors in the two front beds but would also love to have Spice again; it's such a good little plant. I'd appreciate any comments about the roses mentioned since I don't know anything about some of them.

• User
    7 years ago

Marlorena, please thank your crystal ball for me. A while ago, 'HR' seemed extremely unlikely, but who knows if the Hooks might bring that one to the State with them? It seems less impossible now.

sultry, I'm not sure that romogen's rose is 'Chippendale', but if you were looking at the HMF pix, and liked what you saw there...

Angel Gardens has it listed as something they carry, although it doesn't seem to be in stock per their web site. You might want to call or e-mail them to find out if they'll offer it again. The only other North American source I saw was Hortico...

Virginia

• summersrhythm_z6a
    7 years ago

Here is my order from Palatine:

Blossomtime

mme Hardy

mme Pierre Oger

mme Plantier

Sombreuil

Traviata

Earth Angel

Nahema

Queen of Denmark

Boule de Neige

La Rose de Molinard x2

SdlM x2

Soeur Emmanuelle

Baronne Prevost

Papi Delbard

Charles Lefebvre

Enfant de France

Chartreuse de Parme

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Some fantastic choices going on here...

Ingrid, great to see you ordering again...

• Cindi_KS
    7 years ago

Ingrid, where did you find Blue For You? Every place I see it listed says it is sold out.

• nikthegreek
    7 years ago

Chippendale is a good and healthy rose, although a bit stiff and HTish for my liking, but re-blooming takes loooong and the rose stops growing completely during my hot summer producing just blind shoots, as do quite a few roses of similar German origin. If it is pruned in September it starts blooming in fall and keeps on repeating its flushes in regular long periods until I prune it in February. It then blooms until late Spring. Blooms last very long which I'm not sure is as good as it sounds as they spent most of their life in their less pretty fully open and colour faded state. Good for cutting though.

Tantau's Gartentraume on the other hand, reblooms promptly, blooms all summer long albeit with smaller blooms, has a wonderful rosey scent and looks more shrub like while staying extremely healthy in my climate. That is a rose that can give any pink Austin rose a run for its money..

• romogen
    7 years ago

Marlorena: I've always liked disease resistant dependable Charles R. Mackintosh, the flowers are so large & frilly and smell like jonquils. I wish the blossoms were more lavender, the lilac tones are only discernible if CRM is planted next to a true pink; however, I prefer it canoodling next to Charles Darwin.

Virginia, I don't think it's Chippendale because my local nursery gets their roses from David Austin in Tyler, TX. Somehow, I doubt they're propagating Tantau roses. I also looked at the HMF pictures, while the colors are similar, I don't see the long cutting stems and numerous large hooked thorns present on my rose. Mine also likes the heat and blooms continuously, unlike Nik's experience. Whatever it is, whether a test rose, Boscobel, or not, I like it; however, these deeper colors are a surprise which makes me reconsider its original garden placement.

Cindi: Heirloom Roses has "Blue For You" available right now $40. I would check with Burlington Roses first if they might have it, much better prices & business model.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

romogen...thanks for your post... I was hoping also that CRM would be more on the lavender/lilac side of things, that's why I ordered it, so I have to hope that in my climate with less sunshine, that may be the case..but it's good to have your report on this rose, it's one I had been considering for some time...

Here are a couple of pics of my 'Boscobel' just to compare... obviously it's new to me, and I was a little disappointed that these stems did not stand up well to some recent rain, so I hope that improves with age.. otherwise, a pretty rose if one doesn't object to the colour..

• User
    7 years ago

Nik, thanks for the info on 'Chippendale' and 'Gartenträume'; both very pretty and Austin-ish. I wonder if 'Gartenträume' would be more popular with English-speakers if the name didn't sound like "garden trauma"... "Garden Dream" might have been a better name here.

Reminds me of the story about how an American car didn't sell as well as expected in Latin America... the Chevy Nova. In Spanish, no va isn't exactly how you want to describe your car.

Congrats on the grandbaby; thankfully, families aren't always limited to genetic relationships.

romogen, it does sound unlikely that your nursery is propagating Tantau roses, so perhaps you have 'Boscobel' or perhaps a sport thereof if it doesn't seem to match in all the particulars.

Marlorena, here's hoping your CRM will be more lilac-y in your garden...

Virginia

7 years ago

I didn't order Blue for You because the price at Heirloom is way too high and now they say shipping is free only if your order is $50 or more and there were really no other roses they had that I wanted. In addition to Plum Perfect from ARE I've ordered Lavender Friendship, News and two plants of Lavender Mist from Rogue Valley Roses. I've had Lavender Mist before but if anyone has any negative thoughts about the other two please let me know, because the roses won't arrive until the end of October. I've also put myself on the waiting list for Spice, another rose I've had and loved before which deteriorated badly, but which I'm sure will do much better now with the drip system. With the plethora of pink roses I've decided that I craved purple/mauve now.

• mariannese
    7 years ago

After a very sickly summer, dry and cold with more rust and bs on my roses than ever before I've ordered only a few Kordes roses in the hope that they'll stay healthy, three Kosmos and one Jasmina.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    7 years ago

Some believe Hume's Blush Tea is not HBT, and that the rose in commerce labeled HBT is Spice. I was so impressed with my "HBT", that I purchased two additional plants. It is so pretty, and can take dry heat. I do not know if you have considered HBT, Ingrid, but it could be worth considering....

7 years ago

Desertgarden, there seems to be a great deal of confusion about the real identity of HBT. In Australia, a rose named Agnes Smith is thought to be HBT, and that rose has very pendulous flowers that are definitely pink, and it makes a large bush, and the flowers are described as being large. Spice is more white than pink and has rather smaller, more upright flowers, with a distinctly peppery smell. Which one do you think yours is? May I ask where you purchased it? Rogue Valley Roses describes Spice as possibly being HBT, and apparently several roses were given that name, and by now no one really knows what the real story is. I gathered all this from HMF Members Comments for HBT.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    7 years ago

I received my little Hume's Blush band from Burling in early March. It experienced a little leaf burn during August, has grown at a moderate pace, and is healthy. My blooms have only appeared soft pink. If you click on the image, and look toward the back of the bush, there is a tiny old bloom that opened Monday. It is soft pink. I have yet to see a white bloom on this bush, but it is a baby. Btw... I planted it right away, in the hottest part of my garden.....

7 years ago

I CANNOT believe this rose grew so much in such a short time. The foliage looks like Spice but I can barely see the flower so hopefully you'll post more pictures in the fall when it's cooler.

I apologize for diverting this thread away from the original topic. I'd love to know what others have bought or ordered.

• Ann9BNCalif
    7 years ago

Ingrid - I was going to order Lavender Friendship this fall but decided on Blue Mist, a miniature due to space considerations. Both roses look a bit alike but I don't have room at the moment for LF's eventual size. I saw both roses at the Woodland Library Rose Garden earlier this year. Since Woodland is very hot (even in April when I took the following photos) I think LF will do well in SoCal.

Lavender Friendship shaded by an arbor at high noon when it was already 90+ degrees.

Close up of LF - a lovely rose with beautiful stamens; it might have had a tiny bit of fragrance but not memorable.

Blue Mist fits more easily in my current landscape. I'm re-working my front yard and hoping to LF when I have more room.

Burling carried Blue Mist earlier this year but she's currently out of stock so I ordered it from Angel Gardens. If you get LF, please give us a report card!

Ann

• titian1 10b Sydney
    7 years ago

Marlorena, thanks for your interest, but I can never get a shot of my garden that I think does it justice. This could be because of my camera, or it could be that I am deceiving myself! I suspect the latter. Also, the garden is in several bits, because of terraces and paving. However, if i get some decent photos, I'll post them. Trish

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

No problems Trish, whenever... we will look forward to that..

Lavender Fragrance shown above here looks fabulous...

• Dave5bWY
    7 years ago

Your list looks great, Marlorena! Most of mine are Austins as well as they grow well here and most that I grow have been very disease resistant.

Boscobel

Tamora

Charlotte

Charles Darwin

Molineux

Lady of Shallot

Buttercup

Lady Emma Hamilton

Blue For You

Earth Angel

Lady Ashe

Florentina

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nice list, Thanks Dave, and you remind me, I forgot to add 'Lady Emma Hamilton' so that'll be another, I've heard such good reports about it, in fact I don't think I've found a bad one yet...

...I'd love to know what you think of 'Buttercup' later on..

• Rosefolly
    7 years ago

I didn't think I would have anything to add to this thread this year.

As I mentioned elsewhere, over the past two years I have reduced the size of my garden by more than a third and taken out lots of roses. I'm now down to 58 varieties from a high of about 150, though with duplicates, nearly 80 actual rose plants. However, in the process of taking out the Olive Tree Bed, I accidentally broke General Schablikine, one I especially wanted to save, with a spot in the Porch Garden reserved for it.

So I have ordered a new General Schab. Even when you are done developing a garden, there will still be replacement plants to consider.

Rosefolly

7 years ago

So true Rosefolly. I swore up and down and sideways that I was done, and then I ended up having to take out roses for one reason or another, and here I am ordering five!

Ann, I can't thank you enough for those pictures. They made me realize that Lavender Friendship, as beautiful as it is and seemingly able to tolerate some heat, it is going to be too large and spreading for the areas that need to be filled. Something the size of Lavender Mist, which I thought was adorable when I had it before, is more along the lines of what I need. Back to the rose lists to see what I can substitute. Your picture was incredibly helpful.

• Brandon Garner St. Louis area z6
    7 years ago

I ordered Licorice Tea, Won Fang Yon, Marie van Houtte, Belfield and also got Fotune's Double Yellow and a mystery rose from Rogue Valley Roses.

• KnoxRose z7
    7 years ago

I'm trying really hard to limit my new purchases, early this year I got into the predicament of having entirely too many potted roses and entirely too few man hours to put into getting them planted, which resulted in several losses when the temperatures started to soar & our rain just stopped coming. Of course, I cannot stop myself from buying entirely, especially when something that I've looked for for a while becomes suddenly available or on sale

***My order from Palatine:

Ascot (waited forever to be able to order!)

Nahema

Twilight Zone

***Order from Reverence for Roses unadvertised SALE (still on through the 24th ... 4 for $40 or 8 for $70):

Mrs B.R. Cant

Monsieur Tillier

Mrs. Dudley Cross

Baronne Henriette de Snoy

***Recently arrived from Heirloom:

Blue for you x 2

Was considering purchasing from Rose Petals Nursery, but probably should wait until spring:

Mme Joseph Schwartz

Rosette Delizy

Clementina Carbonieri

Westside road cream tea

Graham Thomas

I wish that summer was longer! I'm not done buying & planting yet!

Jessica

• Kes Z 7a E Tn
    7 years ago

This will not be very exciting since I am mostly replacing several roses that I lost and sneaking in a couple, too.

From Long Ago Roses:

Prairie Sunrise

Prairie Breeze

Thomasville Old Gold

From somewhere- I haven't decided yet:

Reve d'Or

I have a long wish list that includes Lady Ann Kidwell, Spice, Daybreak and almost every tea-noisette that ever existed but some of those will have to wait till I win the lottery.

• smithdale1z8pnw
    7 years ago

Dr Grill

Mme Antoine Mari

Mme Jules Bouche ... this is my third one, I am enchanted by this rose as are passersby, every time a hole appears in the front garden I fill it with her.

Jane

• Alana8aSC
    7 years ago

Tour de Malakoff is my only fall order. My Spring one is bigger.

• User
    7 years ago

Alana, the only thing that surprises me about your ordering 'TdM' is that you don't already have it... It's a lovely rose, so I hope your order is problem-free, and 'TdM' arrives safely in your own little bit of OGR paradise.

In other news, I received my sale order from A Reverence for Roses today, and the 4 plants ("Cato's Cluster", "Emmie Gray", 'Souv. de Pres. Lincoln' and 'Verdun') are large, well-grown and healthy. Technically, bands, but they really are gallon-sized. I'm planning to pot at least one or two plants in larger pots if I can find some...

And for anyone who doesn't know, their 4 roses for $40 sale is still going on through the 24th. Good value there.

Virginia

• summersrhythm_z6a
    7 years ago

I just received 2 huge bands from A Reverence for Roses last week, Mrs Herbert Stevens ($10) and Snoy ($8). I have to have some self control from now on, stop buying warmer zone roses.........they are so pretty in photos, have to give them a try. :-)

• filly_z8bFL
    7 years ago

I recieved Jude the obscure and sharifa asma from HR =D excited about next spring bc I added a ton of new roses this year!

my collection also includes:

Heritage

james galway

golden celebration

Carding mill

lichfield angel

teasing georgia

ingenious mr. Fairchild

evelyn

alnwick

molineux

crocus rose

and meilland's Eden rose

All own roots.

• Alana8aSC
    7 years ago

Hey Virginia! I don't have everything hehe..not yet :) I had never heard of "Cato's Cluster", or "Emmie Gray", I hope they do well for you. They are suited for here so I am sure they will. They are both very cute. I especially like the look of Cato's Cluster. I would love pictures of it when it get's older. I might get that one one day. I have almost ordered Verdun twice, so let me know how it does as well. I don't think I have to tell you I love the president... I hope Tour does well for me to, I am so excited! Thanks!

• User
    7 years ago

Alana, I just meant that 'Tour de Malakoff' has a look about it that I think we both like a lot, so I thought you might already have it. I know I can trust you to post some good pix of it once it gets settled in and blooms, so I will enjoy it vicariously...

'Verdun' was an impulse buy, quite honestly. It wasn't on my radar, but some things I wanted from ARFR weren't available, and that caught my eye. I liked that it's a smaller plant; I only have so much room, after all.

Happy fall!

Virginia

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    7 years ago

This thread reminded me that I need to get some orders together. I have a few I need to replace as well.

• fduk_gw UK zone 3 (US zone 8)
    7 years ago

I'm being restrained, kind of, this year. Mostly my purchases are replacing other roses who are not performing.

I am definitely getting:

Jacques Cartier (replace Compte de Chambord)

Etoile de Lyon (replace faux-Anna Olivier who unexpectedly turned out to maybe be a real Anna and is regardless, not yellow which I expected it to be! I am of course keeping Anna, just elsewhere.)

Jean Ducher aka G. Nabonnand (replace Alfred de Dalmas who has utterly failed to thrive. Yes, I know it'll be bigger - it's not going in quite the same spot.)

Duchess de Brabant (replace SDLM who sported over and over to being a climber and when the climbing canes were wrenched off, sulked and mildewed horribly)

Undecided pink-purple/red rose (replace Deuil de Paul Fontaine)

Very probably:

Eye of the Tiger - I love the hulthermia hybrids and I haven't any single yellows.

Somewhat possible:

Boule de Neige (to replace Kronprinzessin Viktoria which every year without fail looks beautiful in the wet spring and then spends all summer with black leaves. Heartbreakingly beautiful blooms though.) I may grow L'Ingenue (waiting in a pot) there instead, not sure yet.

Something red to replace Eclair - might put a hydrangea there instead

At the moment that's it. However, there are a bunch of roses in pots waiting for homes so I will be busy regardless!

• vasue VA
    7 years ago

This time last year, found myself digging & potting established garden beds next to the house in an intensive effort to preserve plants from a small crew tasked with tearing off & replacing our large & complex roof (storm damage). Some big roses & shrubs were protected in place with scaffolds for tarps. Several hundred plants, along with 60 or so roses, were parked on rows of landscape fabric pinned to the ground & the overflow tucked beneath trees for the duration. Planned to replant them come Spring, but an unusually wet & dreary season prevented working our clay based soil. A two week window of sun & drying ground allowed progress on that plan before unusually high temps struck & continued unabated from mid-June through mid-September. Back to the drawing board, basically ran a temporary nursery throughout the season. New experience for me on that scale with its own learning curve.

Usually bring in more roses over the Summer to grow on in pots before planting out, and this year was no exception despite the exceptional circumstances. Seems my Rose Fever accelerated with the heat. So, along the way, I've doubled the number of roses with which I began.

Within the last two weeks, these new roses arrived, with more scheduled for the coming week.

From A Reverence for Roses, run by a delightful couple who send very well grown & developed bands that grow by leaps & bounds, judging by a prior order (2 Reve d'Or, Aloha & Belinda's Dream): bands of Cato's Cluster - Cornelia - Setzer Noisette - Mme. Caroline Testout, Climbing (2) - Pink Perpetue (2) - Rhode Island Red (2). Total shipping USPS 2-day only $16.65 for 2 boxes & sale 8 bands for $70.

From Brushwood, who recently began shipping again: bands of Colette & Garden Sun ordered 2 months ago.

From Heirloom's recent sales: gallons of Dancing in the Wind (2) - Double Delight - Highfield (2) - Lady of the Mist - Love Potion - Wedding Bells - bands of Joseph's Coat VID (2).

From Northland Rosarium: bands of Colette - Rock & Roll (2).

Shipping from A Reverence for Roses, ordered while sale was still on 8 for $70: bands of Aloha - Belinda's Dream - Cato's Cluster - Jaune Desprez - Papillon Rose (2) - Penelope - Pinkie, Climbing (2).

In transit from Heirloom sale: gallons of Crepuscule & Portlandia (2).

Haven't been this enthusiastic for many years. Succumbed to a now-or-never impulse. Here's hoping for an extended Indian Summer & great success to us all! Sue