SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

He broke the taillight but not his neck

meldy_nva
17 years ago

$1276 is the best estimate for repairing damage done by a 13-year old neighbor while racing his [illegal] go-car down the street. He lost control, went through a bush at the end of our drive, and clipped the tail-light of DH's 4-year old Honda. Kid is fine with only a scraped arm. When I arrived on the scene, they (kid's mom, father, uncle, cousin) were standing in the street talking; as I parked my car they loaded the go-cart into their pick-up, and uncle drove it behind their house. Mom and the others went into their house before I got out of my car. I saw the damage only by chance as I walked past the car. DH came home while I was looking at it, I suggested he ask the neighbors if they had seen what happened. Apparently they told him all the details of the incident without hesistation, and the father said that he will pay for repair to the Honda. DH wants to put a claim in on our insurance because then Father would only have to pay the $500 deductible.

I'm against charging the insurance company, but I suspect that may be my grudge talking. How would you handle the case?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions