SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrobbins_gw

wishes for a good killing frost

Mrobbins
15 years ago

I thought I lived too far north for this. Last night, probably due to some construction at a house down the row, a flying cockroach got into my apartment. What a large dark moth, I thought, until he landed on the wall above my lamp. He seemed attracted to the light, to the tops of the curtain rods, and to (gulp) me. He also seemed to notice that I noticed him; as he lounged atop the curtain rod he turned his little disgusting head and wiggled his feelers in my direction. I had no weapons at my disposal except some soapy water in a spray bottle, and spritzing him seemed to slow him down some. After about 90 minutes of chasing and hiding (on both our parts), I managed to trap him under a large mug and some cardboard, and transfered him outside. He flew right back to my shoulder. I flicked him away and he landed on the other shoulder. I flicked him away really hard and ran back into the house shuddering. He was too large to consider squishing; if I'd stepped on him, the resulting displacement would have been larger than my shoe, and I cannot stomach that idea.

I may have to move to Greenland.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions