SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 28 August 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

I must stop asking myself, "What else could go wrong?!"

Today is my first class. Which one? I don't know. I printed out the schedule and left it at home in my worry about having enough time to make it from Nashville at 4:30 to Murfreesboro by 6:00, in rush hour traffic, in a car that still isn't working 100%, it's more like 75%. ARGH!!!! I'd finally calmed down on my way in the door by telling myself, it's not 100 degrees today (yea!), so it has less of a chance of overheating, you can turn on one fan by turning on the heat and get the other fan to turn on by pressing the non-working-A/C button (it doesn't have A/C, but the button still works) and there's a good chance to make it in a hour+15 minutes... close, but you can do it! As I calmly logged onto my computer, googled MTSU and then clicked on the Raidernet link to access my schedule... it's down. I have no idea to which class I'm going. I brainstorm, trying not to panic... yet, so I think "a less specific way, that's the ticket!". I head back to the homepage and ask for a course catalog. Nope. It's accessed through Raidernet. What about email? I can access it, but it doesn't have any emails about my classes[although, I might have some on my Yahoo account, hm. Nope, didn't work. DANG!]. Although, it did have an email stating there was a bomb threat on campus. They were pretty sure it was a back to school "prank" (what an innocuous word, read much sarcasm here), but to take serious heed when "seeing anything out of the ordinary". Do you mean, like a woman with no hair left screaming, running and wild-eyed looking for her class?

It looks like we're poised to buy a {{gwi:179504}}. It's a "smaller" house, not in the place we were aimed at before. We plan to fix it up, sell it for a profit and then move to a better house where we thought about before. Although we haven't said it outloud, I think we're just more enthusiastic about this house because it has more projects on which to re-sharpen our fangs and claw; then my gal (the sad house, it's still waiting and so am I) and I will meet up. Shortly. This house has the smallest closets I've ever seen. The house was built in the 40s-50s(?) and that's to be expected. It also has a bathtub that is a little over four feet long. We've made plans to put in a regular size bathroom (with a five foot tub), add a walk-in pantry to the kitchen, coat closet in the livingroom, and large walk-in closets to the bedrooms. It'll surely sell for a profit if we accomplish it as we we'll have addressed all of the problems, as it is in a very sought after eclectic part of Nashville. But what a huge project this will be. No small bite especially when I'm takling school at the same time. But buying houses is like having kids, no good time, you just have to jump in both feet and do it.

Well, time to go and find out what else can go wrong. ;)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions