SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

The first day of summer...

deanneart
17 years ago

The day was absolutely scrumptious here. IÂm hoping that is a good omen for the rest of this summer of Â06. Today was in the high 70Âs with a light breeze, mostly sunny. I donÂt think the day could have been more pleasant. Things are starting to pop here working up to the mid July crescendo of color in the borders. I just love this time of the year when most of the heavy mulching is done and most of the containers are all planted and sited in the gardens. Now is time to start staking the tall stuff and grooming the containers. I love fussing around with the containers Âpolishing things up so all looks tidy.

I didnÂt know abutilon made such an incredible show of flowers. This is Abutilon ÂBellaÂhybrid. (So do you have any of these Eden?) IÂm so pleased that the Sedona coleus and the Plectranthus ÂVanilla Twist are making a comeback after the chew fest they put up with from the still unidentified insects.

{{gwi:164458}}

So here is DougÂs trellis covered as it should be.

{{gwi:164459}}

This is shaping up to be one of my favorites from this year.

{{gwi:164460}}

So this year I did three very large containers in red, white and blue. How fun is that?

{{gwi:164461}}

Endless Summer is going to be blue this year. Yea! IÂm loving this with the white astilbes.

{{gwi:164462}}

This dwarf fuchsia ÂPeggy is absolutely blooming its heart out. What a darling.

{{gwi:164463}}

The patio this morning.

{{gwi:164464}}

Just look at the size of this Sutherland Gold.

{{gwi:164465}}

Campanula ÂSarastro in front of Phlox ÂNora LeighÂ

{{gwi:164466}}

The shade area

{{gwi:164467}}

{{gwi:164468}}

The terrace garden in the morning light

{{gwi:164469}}

And later on in the evening just before sunset

{{gwi:164470}}

This is the small obelisk where my ÂAsao clematis was blooming earlier.

{{gwi:164471}}

And last but not the least. IÂm loving this combination of nepeta and yarrow

{{gwi:164472}}

Happy summer everyone!

Deanne

Comments (19)