SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_piper_gw

Computer trouble kept me away!

mary_piper
14 years ago

I think it's fixed now. Computers are such a mystery to me but thankfully DH knows a whiz. One time at my job, I had to call the IT dept to have someone take a look at my computer. The guy that came down had recently moved to the USA from Russia. After fiddling w/my computer for a while he said (with strong accent), "Your computer is very confused". I answered, "That makes two of us!"

I had jury duty this week and although I wasn't selected, it was very interesting. My group of 65 was sent to a courtroom where the case involved domestic violence. Everyone that was called to the jury box had to answer about 15 minutes of questions from the judge and both attorneys. Over 20 of the potential jurors were excused for being married to police officers, but this was still after 15 minutes of questions. It seems to me those people could have been eliminated before we were even sent to the courtroom! What a waste of time! It took two days to select the jury! But it was interesting to hear people's stories.

I served on a jury in the late 70's and they just called the first 12 names and we were sworn in. The trial lasted about 2 hours from selection of jury to the final verdict. Do you have any jury duty stories? Have you ever gone to watch a trial, just for the education/entertainment factor?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions