SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Update on Bob, Me & the Computer Part 2

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! I am still without a working computer at home. A certain someone ... who shall remain nameless ... took the computer apart and tried reloading the software. It didn't work. I think there is actually something wrong with the hardware. Now we are shopping around for a new computer. Hopefully I will get one in the next couple of days and be back online VERY soon! Bob wants to run the computers we saw by his techy friends to see if they approve.

I go to the library so I can see the pictures you post. The problem is, I only get an hour on the computer so today I cheated and used Bob's library card so I can spend 2 hours on here. Sssssh, don't tell anyone!

Speaking of the "nameless" one ... we had a bit of a scare last night ... or I should say very early this morning. The tape around his foot ... it's kind of like that plastic wrap you put on top of food bowls ... came loose and his wound vacuum wasn't sucking. I was deathly afraid his toeless wound would get infected to I made him go to the ER. It ended up that they had no idea how to put the wound vac back on so he talked the ER nurse through it. he-he Good thing he is a very mechanical/technical person and paid attention to others who have put it on. Good thing I was there to translate because he is horrible at explaining things to people.

Other than the tape coming loose on his foot, he is doing pretty well. We will see his surgeon next week and his regular doc this Friday to learn just how well he is doing.

As for me, I am still freezing and my fibro is still really bad. But I am not going through chemo like smickerdoodle and I still have all my toes, so I can't complain.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes! You guys are the best!

Hugs,

Kathy

Comments (11)