SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rutgers1_gw

KBG germination ----- 7 days from my experience

rutgers1
16 years ago

I have read here and other places that KBG takes up to 30 days to germinate. However, in my own experience, I have seen it start coming in in 7 days. But since I tend to seed different parts of my lawn with different seeds, and since I have a mix of grasses to begin with, I never trusted my own experiments. That is, until.....

My pure KBG test is with my neighbor, who I am helping with a complete renovation. He seeded with Scotts Pure Premium KBG a week ago. Today, little seedlings are coming up in many spots of his front lawn. No other seed was spread.

So, why do people say that it takes weeks for the seeds to germinate? I would amend that and say that, perhaps, it takes weeks for ALL of the seeds to germinate - but you can/will get some germination relatively quickly. This seems to be the case with most of the people on this forum who are also renovating their lawns with KBG. So while people are preaching extreme patience when giving advice about planting KBG, those who are planting it seem to be getting earlier germination than the expert web sites seem to suggest.

thoughts?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County