SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

Two good things

quinnfyre
14 years ago

Just thought I'd share a couple things. First, the one that happened first: my Aerangis kirkii decided to give me a bloom. Just one right now, but I wasn't expecting it. It's a new plant, I've only had it a few months, and I thought it was only going to produce leaf growth for a while. But it had a bud hiding in amongst all these leaves, and it bloomed earlier this week. There is another bud developing, and potentially one more, can't quite tell yet because it's still barely poking up, but that's what I think it is. I can't say whether or not it's fragrant yet, because it's been allergy season for me. I'll give it another go in a few days.

Second, I just scored an XXL ExoTerra terrarium for $90 off Craigslist. These things normally go for about $200-$250. It's in excellent shape. The original owner had a water dragon (I think?) in there but didn't anymore, and needed to get rid of the ExoTerra because she is moving. It's 24x18x24, and beastly heavy. But now I have a lot more enclosed space.

I'll try and post pics of the Aerangis kirkii bloom when I'm not working three double shifts in a row.

Comments (3)